BRIEF PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
* Bully-Proofing Youth is a program that empowers students and teaches them exactly how to handle and respond to bullying situations in their lives.
* Teaching the targeted student in detail how to alter his or her body-language response from "fear" to confidence or "cool" is the key.
* Removing this "fear" reaction is what takes away the payoff, (the targeting student's ability to look powerful to others) and permanently shuts down the bullying dance.
* This method always assumes the student doing the bullying will always try to continue their bullying behavior.
* These techniques become a tool students can use the rest of their lives to deal with intimidating and/or aggressive people. Students who bully don't go away, they just get older.
* This process not only empowers the targeted student, but also re-teaches the person who is mistreating him or her what is acceptable behavior.
* Both kids involved in the bullying dance benefit, because the techniques make the targeted kid come across "cooler" than the kid trying to take his or her power.
* The Bully-Proofing Youth Program also covers social-exclusion and cyber-bullying as well. Students are taught all of the controlling girl or boy's manipulative chess moves.
* The program then teaches students step-by-step how to take their individual and group power back from the controlling student.
* This re-balancing of power is accomplished despite the predictable chess moves of the controlling boy or girl. Checkmate.
* Child and Adolescent Therapist, Jim Bisenius, is the founder and developer of Bully-Proofing Youth.
* He developed these specific response techniques by working with over 300 targeted kids, and over 400 students who were targeting others.
* Jim quickly learned that if a targeted student's response to bullying did not make him or her look more confident or “cool” than the boy or girl targeting, it was ineffective.
* For much more detailed information about Bully-Proofing Youth, and how it helps students, school staff, and parents, please click the above In Depth Program Description button.